Monday, April 17, 2006

Why am I still in my office?

When thousands of peoples, including professionals, are rallying in the streets, I wonder why I am still inside my office. I am not a politically active person, but I am still a pretty patriotic guy. I am aware of the hell that the big boys in power have made of this country and I utterly resent this. I know a big wave of change is what we desperately need to get out of this quagmire. The most simple solution- blow away the monarchy and the whole autocratic ecosystem will collapse.

Back to my query. Why I am still inside office. I contemplated for a while and figured the following reasons.

  • Since most of our clients are from the US we can’t drop or delay the projects we work on. Failure to meet the deadline will not only destroy our business, but also tarnish the image of our country.
  • The revolution against the king is not moving towards the specific direction. Yes, we want to see the democracy restored, but what specific event will signify the restoration? Restoration of parliament or the king publicly announcing that he has given back the democracy. Will it happen when the king changes the government or asks the leaders of 7-party alliance to pick new government? The king has already called in the leaders for negotiation, while the 7-party alliance has turned a blind eye to it. The alliance needs to clearly articulate before the general public about the ultimate objective of the revolution. The clarity in the objective will persuade a significant number of people into joining the revolution. Surely current revolution lacks strong leadership and vision.

I will join the revolution actively if only they address the second reason. At this time in the country, the first reason should not be as big a, well, reason.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what would be the difference while you're working in autocratic regime or in a democratic one, after the restoration of democracy what would be the changes in your office, family and so on, isn't it hard to realize those changes. people are motivated to something only when they are personally affected by it and it seems to me that you're not leaving your office coz you don't see any differences that would make to your day to day life.

3:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home