Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Job Blues: blown away

I always wondered if I would get a good job, and good pay, if I went to the US; especially at this point, when most of the software jobs are being outsourced to India and China. When ever I planned to go to the US for my graduate studies, I would fumble for the ways to pay fees to the university. Having an undergraduate degree in computer would not allow my self-esteem (whatever you call it?) to work in a restaurant or a supermarket. And I knew no one would pay me 40$ per hour for writing software when they get it done from an Indian at 6-10$ per hour. Besides, I wouldn’t find a job in the US even after doing my masters in computer science or so for the same pay reasons. (No job, everything went to India and China). But a latest article from IBM throws away this myth. It says for every job outsourced from the US, nine new jobs are created in the US.
Check this.

2 Comments:

Blogger ciudo said...

best of luck to you
go to U.S. and earn yourself a good living
and don't forget to call me if there is a good vacancy.

12:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all i want say that where you are happy stay there, don't run after money. Money is not every thing. Running to big country doesn't mean that you can earn more money. IF you earn more there I think expenses also run rapidly with your earning. If you can earn around 20 to 30 thousand per month in nepal than its better to stay in nepal rather going to US coz you can spend your life with family. As i think you can get job according to your education in US, to make balance with their surrounding you have to do the jobs that you hesitate to do here in nepal.So better think properly before you decide anything.

7:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home